How Much Will I Spend?
Asking how much you’ll spend on a new system is a lot like asking a builder, “How much is a house?” The builder will need to know if you want a 1,000 square foot ranch on a quarter acre lot, or if your needs run more towards a 3,500 square foot, two-story home on two wooded acres. Then there are questions about whether you want brick or vinyl siding, and so on. In other words, the cost for a new heating and cooling system will depend on many factors.
Here are a few questions you may want to ask yourself:
- Will you be happy with a basic system that focuses mainly on temperature control?
- Will you be interested in some popular accessories such as programmable thermastats and humidifiers that let you have more control over your home’s environment?
- Is repairing an option instead of replacing the system?
Your final cost will depend on the options you choose.
Additional factors that can affect cost are:
- your climate
- the size and age of your home
- type of construction (block, wood frame, steel frame, adobe)
- type of insulation
- amount of window space, type and size (single pane, double pane, low e)
- what type of system you currently own (if any)
- the type of utilities available for heating and cooling (gas, electric, oil).
So, with all the variables involved, how can you get a realistic idea of how much a system will cost? Call SAYCO or email today (520) 887-2926 to schedule a professional repair or FREE estimate for your new air conditioning or heating system.